Error 629: The port was disconnected by the remote machine
This can be caused by a number of things:
- The connection is dialing an invalid access number
- The modem driver is corrupt
- An invalid username or password
- Invalid or corrupt Dial-Up Networking settings
1. Check you are entering the correct username and password when connecting.
2. Shut down your computer and unplug the modem USB cable from the PC. After about two minutes, plug back in the cable and restart the computer. Allow the operating system to load completely ensuring that the modem is properly connected and initialised.
3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your Broadband modem. Refer to your modem instruction manual or your ISP if they provided you with the modem.
If you continue to receive this error you should contact your broadband provider's support helpline.